Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Nice find! However, the Enduro was a little more exciting when the first pics came out since it was a complete re-design. This makes it apparent that I'll be sticking with my '04, as trading for an extra 20mm doesn't seem worth it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well Done!!!

Cool, thanks for sharing that.

I looked all over this morning for some pics. Now I'm staring at them trying to justify buying another frame.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trbogti said:
Nice find! However, the Enduro was a little more exciting when the first pics came out since it was a complete re-design. This makes it apparent that I'll be sticking with my '04, as trading for an extra 20mm doesn't seem worth it.
I agree that the Enduro was an exciting find since it was a total redesign, but I was much more interested in the new Stumpy stuff since I just bought one a few months ago. My intent was to find out what was new on the 05's and compare to the 04's.

·
Two wheels are best
1,135 Posts
I spoke to a little birdie today...

'05 info was the subject...of course!

Enduro Models:

The base Enduro and Enduro Comp still use a '04 style frame.

The Expert (Fox 36 R Talas100-150 with a 5th Element shock, Avid Juicy 7 8"/6" brakes) is blue

The Pro (Fox 36 RC2 with the same 5th Elemnet, XT 8"/6" hydro brakes) is Charcoal gray.

The SX has 4.2" rear trave and is red/black (Fox 36 R Talas100-150 w/20mm thru axle and a 5th Element shock, Hayes HFX Mag 6" brakes).

The SX Trail has 6" rear travel and is brown/black (Marzocchi 66R single crown w/20mm thru axle and 5th Element Coil shock, Hayes HFX-9 hydro disc with 8" rotors)

Stumpjumper Models:

The Stumpjumper Pro 120 Disc (Manitou Minute 1 and Fox Setune adjustable ProPedal shock, XT Hydro brakes) is silver.

The Stumpjumper Expert 120 Disc (Fox Talas RL and Fox Setune adjustable ProPedal shock, Avid Juicy 7 disc brakes) is black.

The Expert Disc is a bit darker red and uses full XT hydro brakes. It has a Fox F100RL fork.

Whew...I'm on info overload! :)

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
little more each day...

nice find on the pictures. too bad its not english. you can make out some of the specs though. the fsr xc pro has a triad rear shock. it seems that all of the fsr bikes are getting upgraded in some way. 2005 looks like it's gunna be a nice year for the big S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts