Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guys,

With just about 7 weeks until Thanksgiving, has any local news surfaced re: flight of the pigs 2006?

With a now confirmed visit scheduled for November 19-26, I was hoping to get into this ride as the MTB pinnacle of my visit!

Anyone know if its on this year?

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
unclenorm said:
Hi Guys,

With just about 7 weeks until Thanksgiving, has any local news surfaced re: flight of the pigs 2006?

With a now confirmed visit scheduled for November 19-26, I was hoping to get into this ride as the MTB pinnacle of my visit!

Anyone know if its on this year?
FOTP is on again this year! Jim just sent the flyer out yesterday with instructions to pass it on to anyone who might be interested. Don't have the flyer yet? Shoot me your e-mail address and I'll forward the registration form.

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
DurtGurl said:
FOTP is on again this year! Jim just sent the flyer out yesterday with instructions to pass it on to anyone who might be interested. Don't have the flyer yet? Shoot me your e-mail address and I'll forward the registration form.
Can you shoot that info to me DG? This is my favorite event in the area!

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
cycljunkie said:
Will he have the sign-up info on his site soon or do we have to contact him via email to register?
His website has been down for a while now. Get a copy of the pdf registration, send to Jim's house with $20 check, and you will be registered!! He usually closes it out at 100 and it usually fills up so do not delay.

·
Kathleen in AZ
5,178 Posts
singlespeedsycip said:
Kathleen, Would you kindly email me a registration form?

Hey, when are we getting out on the roadies again?
-Mark
Mark - You'll love the flight! The fastest single speeders in the area all come out to play on this one :) . I need your e-mail address to send the form.

All my riding, road and mtb, has been cut way back due to an injury. PT seems to be helping and then I turn the wrong way in my sleep and *ouch* it comes back with a vengence. So, I'm taking it easy for a while...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gears or SS ?

Hi there,

I plan on doing this with my Maxlight which is currently set up as a SS (usually 32:18 sometimes 32:16)

But my question is do I leave it SS or do I put the (at least the rear) gears back on for the FOTP?

My concern is not the hills (I don't mind having to give some extra on the climbs), it's the flats.

From the flyer, I can see that over half of the 70miles is off road. But how much of the 70miles (approx) is flat?

I'm not sure I fancy spinning in an easy SS gear for 30 miles on road watching the rest of you disappear into the distance in front :nono: ;)

·
my knees hurt
462 Posts
I rode in the flight last year on my ss....32x19 on a 29er. Riding the roads were tough keeping up but it is definetely managable....alot of the sser's change out rear cogs at the end of the trail for the road sections so they are not spun out(I did not think of doing this last year but, I will probably do it this year.....) Hope this helps.
-Mark

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I'll try out two front chainrings and set up a spare (longer) chain.

Since I'm running a singulator conversion on the rear swapping a chain (with a powerlink) might be easier than changing out the rear cog.

Cheers...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.