Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a quick trip to the Kaibab Plateau this week and we got in two rides. The first was a section of the Kaibab Plateau South Passage of the Arizona Trail. This part of the AZT is visible from Highway 67 in many locations and the trail passes through some of the beautiful meadows that the highway traverses. There are also many ponds and wetlands along this section and there was plenty of water in them.

Arizona Trail, Tater Canyon.

Descent followed by ascent. Repeat often.

Lots of water.

I was also trying to find the Telephone Hill Lookout Tree but it was apparently lost in the Warm Fire (2006). Too bad.

The second ride was Rainbow Rim. We camped at Timp Point and rode to Locust Point and back. The last time I visited Timp Point (2014) the road was in bad shape in a few locations. It's in great shape now. I guess with all the visitors heading out to the points along the Rainbow Rim Trail means the Kaibab N.F. has recognized a need for Forest Road maintenance. Woo-hoo!

Descent into a side canyon between North Timp Point and Locust Point.

Bottom of the side canyon and time to ascend.

There are some mighty large trees out there.

Near Locust Point.

Classic shot showing the trail and canyon at North Timp Point.

The wildflowers were great.

Grand Canyon with Moonlight. Timp Point.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried several times to visit Little Creek/Guacamole/Gooseberry but got snowed/rained out each time. So I gave up.

Guaje Ridge? Ah, Google is my friend! The Cerro Grande Fire...

·
Low speed, High Drag
946 Posts
Tried several times to visit Little Creek/Guacamole/Gooseberry but got snowed/rained out each time. So I gave up.

Guaje Ridge? Ah, Google is my friend! The Cerro Grande Fire...
I highly recommend a trip to Gooseberry. All the riding around is that area is top-notch!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.