Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled the trigger on the 2009 Motobecane Outcast 29 frame. I haven't seen much discussion on this frame, so I'll be commenting on it as my build progresses. I has adjustable disc brake tabs and an optional derailleur hanger. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Please do! That looks to be a really good frame, especially at that price point (it has that point almost all to itself). I may well be building up one myself. You gonna build it as a SS? That's how I'd be doing mine...

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doggity said:
Please do! That looks to be a really good frame, especially at that price point (it has that point almost all to itself). I may well be building up one myself. You gonna build it as a SS? That's how I'd be doing mine...
As soon as the frame arrives I'll be chimihg in on it's structural integrity- first off. I'm not exacly sure how its going to match up as far as a front derailleur, as I plan to build it up geared. Have to wait a few more days...Anybody else have any experience with this frame?

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received the frame today and it is very very nice. I'm glad I can build up a 29er for my wife. I haven't decided on the parts selection yet, but it will be an 8 speed because of the parts I have on hand. I ordered enough spare parts over the years to use them up, so no need to go 9 speed. I will chime in as the build progresses, sometimes to get advice too.---zarr :)

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jerk_Chicken said:
Something tells me no matter what, zarr will post a glowing, trolling review.
Adjust your mind to what this thread really is, J.C. . It's a thread written by a 56 year old handicapped soul brother who stumbled on mountain biking about 14 years ago and liked it every since. A lot of people have helped me on this website and I appreciate every single one of them. If I could help anyone with my limited knowledge of bikes I have been happy to help them here on these forums. Just as you have been happy I'm sure to help others too. And I respect your knowledge of bikes. There' no need to make my posts and comments into anything more than what they are. Just some kind conversation with a gentleman who likes bikes. I believe you don't have to have the best bike in the world to ride. Just get out there and have fun. I really enjoy seeing my wife riding and getting her exercise. Just two old folks moseying along on the trails.Soul Power baby. Just an old Soul Brother and Sister out there doing their thing. ...Fig-a-deal me? Sho 'nuff got to be real. Dig your day baby. Later---zarr :)

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
Something tells me no matter what, zarr will post a glowing, trolling review.
At least we now know how the compulsive cynics feel

Some are naturally more positive; also not everyone comes from the perspective of expensive frames.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
boomn said:
At least we now know how the compulsive cynics feel

Some are naturally more positive; also not everyone comes from the perspective of expensive frames.
Thank You for posting. :)

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whichever way I build it up, there's one thing I know for sure.... The bike's ability to ride me will exceed my ability to ride it. :D :D :D :rolleyes: (Part of the aging process fellas.) :) But trust & believe, me & my wife enjoy our rides. ...Mountain Biking. Fun Sport. Yeah Buddy. :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
axcxnj said:
ive been waiting for someone to buy this frame, please post lots of pictures of the build process..this frame is really tempting
Go head and get you one. It's real nice. It's gonna be a while before I finish the build. Don't wait on me. You can't go wrong. The sliding disc tab and the optional derailleur hanger are very strong and beefy. Email bikeisland.com before you order to confirm they have your size before you order. I always try to contact online sellers before I order to confirm availability. Don't wait too long and take a chance they will be gone...

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just got this frame yesterday. Appearance-wise it looks really good. The welds are clean and appear to be high quality. I am going to build it up as a geared bike initially (I haven't yet caught the singlespeed bug), but I'm leaving the option open to convert it to singlespeed later. Anyway, I should have it built up by this weekend. I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lugboot said:
This thread is worthless without pics!
I been spending most of my money on bike parts so I haven't been able to get a camera. :D Anyway if you haven't seen a good picture of the frame, go to bikeislands' ebay site for some pretty good pics of the frame. I'm no where near finished yet.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
neilether said:
I just got this frame yesterday. Appearance-wise it looks really good. The welds are clean and appear to be high quality. I am going to build it up as a geared bike initially (I haven't yet caught the singlespeed bug), but I'm leaving the option open to convert it to singlespeed later. Anyway, I should have it built up by this weekend. I'll post some pics.
Did I tell everybody right? Isn't it a nice frame? :thumbsup: :)

·
SSolo, on your left!
2,577 Posts
zarr said:
Whichever way I build it up, there's one thing I know for sure.... The bike's ability to ride me will exceed my ability to ride it. :D :D :D :rolleyes: (Part of the aging process fellas.) :) But trust & believe, me & my wife enjoy our rides. ...Mountain Biking. Fun Sport. Yeah Buddy. :thumbsup: :cool:
LOL....heheheeehee! :thumbsup: :) That's a great saying!

....and where's your first pic of the bare frame?

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Natedogz said:
LOL....heheheeehee! :thumbsup: :) That's a great saying!

....and where's your first pic of the bare frame?
I am going to try to learn how to post pics with our new camera as soon as I can. But a lot of issues have arisen around me, so everythings slow right now. Plus what I used to do all day now it takes me all day to do ! :D But seriously...I have 8 builds I'm working on around here. 3 for my wife, and 5 for me. you have to remember I have been into biking for 14 years. When deals come up for this one or that one, I end up with a periferal bike shop full of unfinished projects. Many of the parts I have I got because of incredible deals I've gotten over the years, so I had a lot of duplicate parts thinking I wuold have spares in case something wears out. I know its sounds crazy but it isn't. Frames are the hardest thing to get cheap, but lately things have changed for me. I have two Sette Reken frames on the way, and guess what...THEY WILL BE MY LAST. This is it. My Grande Finale. I got enough bikes to last me the rest of my life... of all types. I hope I can ride about 20 more years. (I'm 56 now) I hope to ride all day long sometime after I retire and travel to Moab and Whistler and all those other good spots A LOT. Mountain Biking... Cool Sport Yeahhh Buddy. :thumbsup: ---zarr :)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.