Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah...47 degrees Celsius here in NSW AU today.

The 29'er felt hot when I placed my hands on the top tube.

Lots of very bad bushfires everywhere. Too hot to ride so far, maybe later tonight when the cool change comes...I hope.

Happy new Year.. :)

R.

·
Registered
54 Posts
47 degrees here in Portland, OR, but Fahrenheit, plus 1 1/2" of rain. Wish we could share some.

Happy New Year!

Dan

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
It was so hot here in Melbourne, I swear when I went outside I could feel my eyeballs starting to cook. Thank God for the famous Melbourne cool change that hit at about 8pm, that's all I can say. It was the hottest New Years ever recorded - 44 degrees C (or 111F for the non bilingual).

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
OMG, I don't think I've ever encountered more than 37ºC! And that temperature already makes me want to hide in a basement and sleep.
We had one evening of perfect powder snow, 3" perhaps, next morning it had RAINED away. I wish the weather would make up it's mind, true winter or true summer.

·
Angry bunny
4,948 Posts
Cloxxki said:
OMG, I don't think I've ever encountered more than 37ºC! And that temperature already makes me want to hide in a basement and sleep.
We had one evening of perfect powder snow, 3" perhaps, next morning it had RAINED away. I wish the weather would make up it's mind, true winter or true summer.
Cloxxki
I lived in a place over here where temps were above 40 deg C most days during summer.
We must have gotten lucky today. It was in the low 30's most of the day.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,017 Posts
I hope for you your ancestors over the past couple hundred centuries evolved in that same climate. I would never feel in place there, my system likes the ocean breeze and damp forest air.

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the expected cool change came through here about 10pm with strong winds so I went for a night ride.

Lots of branches down over the track, and tons of stuff in the air. I managed to get an eyefull of grit or some foreign object near the end of the ride that had me going along with one eye blurred and stinging, but apart from that it was a wild and good cool ride in the dark after the intense heat of the day.

I saw the glowing eyes of a fox on the trail and a couple of tawny frogmouth owls as well.

At least the wind change blew all the smoke from the bushfires away. We got some rain during the night, which would have helped the firefighters.

Quite an interesting day, overall. I just hope that the fires are all under control.

R.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts