Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
if you get out early, while its still below freezing
part of Fomba and Horse hill in merrimack are also ride able

pawtuckaway on the snowmobile trails, pretty much anywher that gets alot of foot or snowmobile traffic is rideable while frozen

if you want a treat head to the Cape, no snow, no mud and mid 40s

·
Tool
1,973 Posts
I rode FOMBA last night. Lady Slipper was awesome, and Woodpecker not bad. Hemlock and Fox Tail were rideable, but not fun. Snomo trails are a mix of ice and crunch - best with studs.

I realize this is probably a useless report with a few days of rain on the way.

Expect conditions to change daily until the mud is gone (there's still a good two feet of snow in the shaded areas).

·
beer thief
4,931 Posts
indyfab25 said:
Alright...what about now?
You're kidding, right? Mud season hasn't even hit in full force yet. Your options are:
1) hit the trails super early after a night with freezing temps.
2) muck up your local trails (I would think your coastal trails would be ahead of most areas).

We're a solid month away from riding firm dirt, but there will be people trying to push the season and troughing it up as soon as they can.

·
Got A Lust for Life...
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
radair said:
You're kidding, right? Mud season hasn't even hit in full force yet. Your options are:
1) hit the trails super early after a night with freezing temps.
2) muck up your local trails (I would think your coastal trails would be ahead of most areas).

We're a solid month away from riding firm dirt, but there will be people trying to push the season and troughing it up as soon as they can.
I was thinking more snow cover than anything. We'll be riding dirt here next week. Everything drains so damn well we can ride a day after a 4" rain. No kidding...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.