Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

· Tool
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been out in Fort Rock since the snow fell? I drive past it on my way to work, but I can't see enough from the highway to tell what condition the trails are in. I don't mind riding on snow/ice as long as it's firm enough.

It's frustrating that FR is only about 3 miles from the snow/no snow line - there's nothing but bare ground a few miles to the east.

Where are folks planning on riding this weekend? I'm thinking of heading back to Willowdale in Ipswich, MA. It's mostly bare ground, with the 20% or so that's snow covered being well packed down. Of course, if FR is in reasonable shape, it's only about half the drive for me vs. Willowdale.

-Pete

· Registered
32 Posts
Fort Rock was soft on tuesday. It was tough going in the snow. I bet the cold weather and wind firmed it up real nicely today. I was surprised how much snow was out there. It should be good riding at the end of the week I'm hoping.

· Registered
171 Posts
kbreen30 said:
Fort Rock was soft on tuesday. It was tough going in the snow. I bet the cold weather and wind firmed it up real nicely today. I was surprised how much snow was out there. It should be good riding at the end of the week I'm hoping.
You got to stay off the snow when its above frezzing

· Registered
354 Posts
Just got back from a solo ride - I had a blast and I spent most of my time on the Henderson-Swasey side. Trails are in great shape with a fun mix of rock hard bare ground, plenty of crunchy, thin snow cover and a few icy patches to keep you sharp. Except for the icy patches, the snow has great traction.

· Registered
171 Posts
radair said:
snowshoes or pugs

boot prints are the worst
I hear that. Last year we had about 7mi of smoth hard pack single track out in Ft. Rock. There was talk about hanging a pair of snowshoes by the trailhead to put an end to thoese boot prints. I'm sure if we did that someone would steal them.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.