Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tool
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's hard to imagine winter riding being much better than it was this past Saturday and Sunday out at Fort Rock. I have more video clips from the weekend than I know what to do with. I hope to post another one of these containing many more clips in a few days.

Fort Rock MLK I from Pete on Vimeo.

Also - kudos to VholdR for releasing a firmware update for the ContourHD - I was able to tweak the contrast and exposure before shooting this, and this is exactly how it looked coming off the camera. On all of my previous winter rides I've had to mess with contrast/brightness to try to fix underexposure problems.

-Pete

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice video bro! We there on Sunday morning and trails were in great shape to. Hope they stay that way even after all this snow we just got.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That was one of the best winter rides I've ever had. Warm, sunny, bluebird day with ripping fast trail conditions. By the end of the day, my face hurt from smiling.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great vid!! I missed that whole week of riding in FLA. on vacation. Wish i was back here to ride that stuff. Hope its ridable this weekend

·
Tool
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Guys!

Russo - did our group run into yours Sunday morning?
Shad - I couldn't agree more. You can tell from the footage you took that you were having a blast!
Randy - I'm truly sorry to hear that. There will be more days like that one...hopefully soon.
Raineman - I'll be using some of your footage in my next vid.

-Pete

·
Registered
95 Posts
That was the best ride I have had. Rides like that make it hard to justify paying 80 bucks to wait in lines to ski over crowded trails of blue ice! Also did not realize I was wearing such bright colors that day!

·
Tool
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
indyfab25 said:
Do the trails down there still look like that?
Unfortunately, no. They look a little more like your avatar. About 6-12" fell across southern NH early this week. Hopefully they'll be packed down soon...one way or another we'll get firm trails again before too long as it's supposed to get warm and rain early next week, and it will inevitably get cold again.

hcklr - the bright clothes actually add a lot to the vid, IMO...pretty much the only vivid color in winter riding conditions.

Raineman - what is the music that you used in the vid?

-Pete

·
Registered
456 Posts
Shut Up and Play Your Guitar by FZ - it's from a 3 CD set that is basically Frank riffing.

It's a stretch, but it's close to "Shut Up and Ride", so it works for me.

Got the rock ride by the tunnel?

·
Tool
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Raineman said:
Shut Up and Play Your Guitar by FZ - it's from a 3 CD set that is basically Frank riffing.

It's a stretch, but it's close to "Shut Up and Ride", so it works for me.

Got the rock ride by the tunnel?
Shad got it, but it looks a little odd with his back tire in the frame (we didn't have time to get the camera unmounted). I'll find a way to work it into my next vid, though. Was your camera rolling when you hit that? I haven't viewed all of your footage yet.

-Pete

·
Registered
456 Posts
Pedalphile said:
Shad got it, but it looks a little odd with his back tire in the frame (we didn't have time to get the camera unmounted). I'll find a way to work it into my next vid, though. Was your camera rolling when you hit that? I haven't viewed all of your footage yet.

-Pete
Nope. It was more dicey(snow/ice and where do I go exactly?) getting over the top than rolling down.

·
Tool
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Raineman said:
Nope. It was more dicey(snow/ice and where do I go exactly?) getting over the top than rolling down.
Well, be sure to have your camera rolling when you attempt it from the other direction next time :p

-Pete

1 - 15 of 15 Posts