Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Racer
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. I'm thinking coming out to Fort Collins to go to college and I'd like to know a little bit about the riding in the area. How are the trails? Is there any downhill shuttleable trails? Any info is appreaciated! Thanks.

·
slow
7,801 Posts
Great trails rideable from town. Many involve climbing and are fairly rocky. I don't ride DH, so can't speak to that type of riding. The stuff close to town that might work for shuttling shouldn't be shuttled because it is usually crowded with hikers, runners, etc. Except for this year, most local trails are rideable year-round.

·
respect the wildlife
222 Posts
metalMTB said:
Hello guys. I'm thinking coming out to Fort Collins to go to college and I'd like to know a little bit about the riding in the area. How are the trails? Is there any downhill shuttleable trails? Any info is appreaciated! Thanks.
There's tons of good trails around town, mostly XC, with plenty of challenging technical stuff. There are a few good downhill trails but you have to climb to get to them. There's also a new dirt jump park with a great pump track that just went in last fall. Keyston is really not that far of a drive, a couple hours or so.

CSU is a great place to go to school, and FC is a real cool town. Good luck w/ your decision.

·
I like Chips
32 Posts
Night riding Ft. Collins

We're heading to the Ft. Collins area this spring.. and I read on the boulder riding thread that nightriding was frowned upon by the rangers and you could get ticketed. Bunch of BS if you ask me:nono: Is this the case in Ft. Collins?? Are there any ordinances against it??

·
slow
7,801 Posts
astroman36 said:
We're heading to the Ft. Collins area this spring.. and I read on the boulder riding thread that nightriding was frowned upon by the rangers and you could get ticketed. Bunch of BS if you ask me:nono: Is this the case in Ft. Collins?? Are there any ordinances against it??
I have been riding Horsetooth Mountain Park at night since 1986 and never have had a problem. Never had a problem night riding the open space on the front side of the reservoir, either. Lory State Park used to close the gate at a specific time (10:00pm?). Don't know if that is still the case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.