Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a Trek Fuel demo tomorrow and I'd like to hit some trails with it. Anybody up for a ride? Maxwell, Pine ridge, other stuff (I'm new around here)?

I'm flexible on time.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't do it today--I did a pretty hard road ride yesterday and my legs are still feeling it.

What's a good location for tomorrow? The trails along centennial dr looked dry yesterday (at least in the view from the road). Maybe we could start at Maxwell?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I might be up for it depending on when you start. I only have one room left to paint and I'll take any excuse to put it off longer.

Maxwell and shoreline were great yesterday, but pineridge was getting pretty soupy by about 9:45am. Not sure what today did to it though. Saw a bank sign that said 54F on my ride this afternoon...

·
Registered
339 Posts
medio-core said:
I might be up for it depending on when you start. I only have one room left to paint and I'll take any excuse to put it off longer.

Maxwell and shoreline were great yesterday, but pineridge was getting pretty soupy by about 9:45am. Not sure what today did to it though. Saw a bank sign that said 54F on my ride this afternoon...
at 4:00 today Maxwell is dry, Shoreline is dry. Didn't ride Pineridge.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about noon? I'll defer to you guys for a starting location since I'm not that familiar with the trails yet. I've ridden Pineridge and Maxwell by taking the Spring Creek trail over there from my house. But there are some trail closures at Pine Ridge so maybe that's not an option.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How does meeting at the maxwell parking lot sound? Noon will work for me. Should give me plenty of time to recover from tonight's ride/shenanigans and all the paint fumes tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok but...

medio-core said:
How does meeting at the maxwell parking lot sound? Noon will work for me. Should give me plenty of time to recover from tonight's ride/shenanigans and all the paint fumes tomorrow morning.
Just so I'm sure...the parking lot on Dixon Canyon Rd, just south of the stadium?

I'll be in a green civic with a pukey green Trek.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
llama said:
I'm getting a Trek Fuel demo tomorrow and I'd like to hit some trails with it. Anybody up for a ride? Maxwell, Pine ridge, other stuff (I'm new around here)?

I'm flexible on time.:thumbsup:
Outstanding ride! Thank you.

And I am glad you realize by now that you need that slack angled quick steering 29" single speed titanium HT fixie with a rigid fork, XTR 3x9 and at least 150mm of fully adjustable travel front and rear.

Besides that: You can climb! You destroyed my legs.

Thanks for posting the ride. What a blast! Welcome to the Fort.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do need...

Kaba Klaus said:
Outstanding ride! Thank you.

And I am glad you realize by now that you need that slack angled quick steering 29" single speed titanium HT fixie with a rigid fork, XTR 3x9 and at least 150mm of fully adjustable travel front and rear.

Besides that: You can climb! You destroyed my legs.

Thanks for posting the ride. What a blast! Welcome to the Fort.
A Trek...just not the Trek I rode. I talked to the guys at the shop and they pointed out that the next model up comes with an adjustable fork. Yes, I poo-pooed that idea earlier, but they convinced me. I rode it and it was good. I think I'll be buying that on Friday.

That was a good ride. I look forward to riding more with you all..

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
pmrider said:
Kaba-- is Lory dryed up yet or still more time ??? :)
I was not there today. So ultimately I don't know. Based on what I saw 2 days ago my guess would be: muddy sections. Perfectly rideable, but your bike will need cleaning afterwards.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.