Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty happy with my The One Brakes

However im not overly happy with the levers.. id prefer something with a fatter blade. Are there any after market alternatives?

Also I cant see any one with aftermarket rotors specifically for the one. Is it possible to use the formula oro discs.. they look identical!

Any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
50 Posts
one of the cool things about the stock levers is that they have a "engineered" brake off point designed into them, not sure if the aftermarket guys will include this feature.

are you using them with "one" finger of "two" ? At first I was using two but they are so powerful that I moved them out a bit and am now using one, a much better feel for me !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
315 Posts
I emailed Straitline a few months back and they said that they wouldn't have levers for "The Ones" until 2009.

Apparently, they're so buried trying to meet demand for their current product line, that it is gonna' be awhile...

Edit: They won't have a break off point...these guys think it is "gimmicky".

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris - awesome any idea how much taller the levers are?

Also the mega doesn't have the outboard reach adjust as far as I can see? How will that work?

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
Karve said:
Chris - awesome any idea how much taller the levers are?

Also the mega doesn't have the outboard reach adjust as far as I can see? How will that work?
Still has reach adjust, just takes an allen wrench instead of external knob..

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

·
Industry Member
287 Posts
Larry is correct regarding the reach adj.

The MEGA blade is 2mm taller. While that does not sound like much, it is a big difference. The profile of the blade on the MEGA is comparable to the blade on our K18/K24.

Cheers,

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.