Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[HR][/HR]
Hey all,

I have the Shimano SLX M675 fitted on my old bike for the front brake, and I recently got a second hand bike with the Biancos fitted. My question is should I swap the front Bianco out for the SLX, or leave it as it is? From what I've read the formula was great when it came out however with them being a few years old will the SLX be better, even though it's cheaper?

<tbody style="padding: 0px;">
</tbody>

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hmm I have a couple of sets of Oro Puro's (gold biancos with ti hardware) and my gf's bike runs xt brakes, which I ride occasionally. In general terms shimano brakes are grabbier and have less modulation but have more overall power. Also since they run mineral oil instead of brake fluid they tend to need less maintenance. The oros, the only furmulas I have ridden, have a feel I like better bc they have better modulation meaning I have more control between off and lockout. The downside is they have a little less over all power and need more maintenance, and formula parts tend to be expensive.

So if it were me, I would run the biancos unless they look a little beat up and seem to need parts. Age doesn't matter as much as use and abuse. More details and pictures would obviously be helpful. Also understand that I have full shop in my basement and don't mind doing my own maintenance. I hope that helps a little.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts