1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Those weights includes rotors. And even with rotors (160mm of course) it's lighter than 400g per end.

I don't recall exact weight, but K-18 with Hope Floating rotor 160 are sub 350g. The caliper + level + hose turned to be tad lighter than '06 Mono Mini.

Weight shown on the Formula site (381g) includes rotor and adapter and Formula rotors are heavy (until R1 rotors come out)

Also you will see a lot of WW builds using Oro Puro (discontinued) which is basically K24 with Ti bolts and lighter hose. So for the breaking performance (I use K24 on DH rig) those brakes are lightest on the market. Now let's see what the R1 reviews would say on performance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for clarifying. It was the online stores really throwing me off. Speedgoat lists the K18 brake set at 418 grams and UniversalCycles at 397 grams. Neither of which include the rotors.

I couldn't justify the cost solely on performance, but with lighter weight too, I may have to pick up a set.

·
not really an mtbr member
640 Posts
beeglemania said:
I couldn't justify the cost solely on performance, but with lighter weight too, I may have to pick up a set.
i totally agree. i was having lots of problems with my juicy 5s and heard how good the performance was. when i heard they were way lighter too, i couldn't see why not to get them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.