Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an detail on the Formula hubs being spec'd on the mid-range Meta AM's? For reasons I don't understand I'm really hard on hubs, so durability and serviceability are important to me. As I understand it, Formula doesn't really have that reputation. If only Commencal had an "upgrade to DT Swiss for $200" button on their website.

·
upclever
28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Exact same question here. Any feedback regarding this Hub. Just pulled the trigger on a 2019 Meta TR and I'm hesitating changing the wheelset straight to a Newmen / I9 combo...

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought a 2019 Meta AM v4.2 27.5 with the Formula hubs and e13 rims. Tey are not a premium hub but I haven't had any problems with them, and I'm a fat guy jumping...

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a 2019 SRAM edition 29er with the formula high engagement rear hub. The engagement is nice, but the bearings in the freehub blew apart after a couple hundred miles. Commencal USA had no replacement freehubs. I put bearings in it, that was the end of the season and I only put a couple more rides on it. Over the winter I built new wheels with Hope hubs. I don't trust the rear hub, I'm fairly strong and a bit over 200lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts