Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experimented with aftermarket pad options for formula brakes?

I wasn't impressed with ashima a disco brakes pads on my maguras so I'm hesitant to stray from OEM. Unfortunately oe pads are hard to find here.

Looking at galfer or trickstuff from Germany (6 week shipping though).

Any thoughts?

·
Boom bap ambassador
997 Posts
I had a Formula rotor get jacked up a couple of months ago and nothing from Formula to replace it in stock.

I decided to go Galfer front and rear rotors with the Galfer standard pads and they are really really good.

Will be using their pads from now on and next set will be the Galfer pro pads to compare against the standard pads. It isn't that the Formula pads are junk just the Galfer pads feel better all around somehow.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Has anyone experimented with aftermarket pad options for formula brakes?

I wasn't impressed with ashima a disco brakes pads on my maguras so I'm hesitant to stray from OEM. Unfortunately oe pads are hard to find here.

Looking at galfer or trickstuff from Germany (6 week shipping though).

Any thoughts?
I used my cura4's with trickstuff pads and found the front to to be almost scary with how much power they delivered. (Cura4,trickstuff power pads,formula 220 203 rotor combo)

I'm not sure if MTX makes Cura4 pads yet, but these would be a great option as well, I use them on my dominions with Galfer 2mm rotors and they work very well.

For reference I use/used MT7, Cura4,Dominion,Braking incas2.0 with a combination of different aftermarket rotors and pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, sounds like both galfer and trickstuff are at least as good as oe pads. Trickstuff are a long wait over here with high shipping rates, 2 sets end up costing about the same as galfer pro (twice as much as galfer standard) after shipping. Whereas galfer are available overnight free shipping.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought some Trickstuff std and power pads as a filler in my last Euro order. Should have bought another set of curas at the time too. They're all put of stock now.

Still waiting for my second set of cura organic pads to wear out before I throw them in. Sounds like they'll be good though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.