Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Formula Cura 2 Post Mount Adaptors

Tags
cura formula
3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  slcpunk 
#1 ·
I've bought a pair of Formula Cura 2s in my quest to find a good pair of brakes that service parts are available for to replace the tired Guide R's on my bike.

However, I forgot to order post mount adaptors when buying from Europe, and formula brand adaptors can only be had for eye watering prices in Aus. So I have two questions I've been unable to find a definitive answer for:

1) I need a new front adaptor to suit a 203 mm rotor (180 mm native fork), are Cura 2s compatible with a shimano +23mm adaptor?

2) can I reuse the SRAM +20mm adaptor on the rear (160 mm native to 180)? I saw another forum post saying formula calipers aren't compatible with SRAM adaptors.

Cheers

#2 ·
I've bought a pair of Formula Cura 2s in my quest to find a good pair of brakes that service parts are available for to replace the tired Guide R's on my bike.

However, I forgot to order post mount adaptors when buying from Europe, and formula brand adaptors can only be had for eye watering prices in Aus. So I have two questions I've been unable to find a definitive answer for:

1) I need a new front adaptor to suit a 203 mm rotor (180 mm native fork), are Cura 2s compatible with a shimano +23mm adaptor?

2) can I reuse the SRAM +20mm adaptor on the rear (160 mm native to 180)? I saw another forum post saying formula calipers aren't compatible with SRAM adaptors.

Cheers
If you have either of these mounts, I'd say give them a try. As far as I know, the only way an adapter is incompatible would be if the caliper touches it. I run Hope V4s and use shimano adapters with 0 issues.

#3 ·
What scoon said.

I bought a set of TRP DH-R EVO's the other week and mistakenly bought the wrong TRP adaptor. The Magura 203mm adaptor I had from the Magura's I was removing worked fine with the TRP caliper.

#6 · (Edited)
Reviving this thread from the dead. Slightly different circumstances: Swapping out XT brakes for Formula Cura 4s. The Formula caliper will not fit using the Shimano 180 adapter I had on there. Does that sound right? The "curve" of the adapter isn't big enough for the brake - and if I put washers in to make room, the caliper would sit too high.

I found a Formula part number: FD40148-10 but the description is confusing, seemingly only working for R160 not 180?

F-180mm, R-160 / 74mm / 74mm / Fork/Frame PM

Formula Disc Brake Adapters - F-180mm, R-160 / 74mm / 74mm / Fork/Frame PM

Mfg #:
FD40148-10
(That's from Universal Cycles, but Formula Italy has the same description )

TIA
[[ EDITED ]] I sent an email to Formula Italy, they replied, that's the correct adapter. leaving this hear in case someone else finds it useful ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.