Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
A crunchy treat
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new forks for my Vagrant, but I'm not sure which to choose. I use it for trails and AM, and a bit of DH and some mild jumps (the kind you find on a DH track)

I've got 3 choices: RS Pike (coil) £341.99 + cost of stem and bars, RS Lyrik (coil) £535 ish and Fox 36 TALAS RC2 £655.

I'm already set up for 1.5, so downgrading to 1 1/8 stem etc negate the savings of going for the Pikes.

My current forks weigh 5.5lbs so whatever I go for I'd be saving weight. Given that, is it worth spending the extra on the TALAS? Do I even need the extra travel? I don't ride anything really rocky etc..

Basically, my question is this: is it worth getting 160mm over 140mm, and then is it worth spending the extra for the lighter TALAS forks (and will they stand up to everything)? I weigh about 165-170lbs.

Thanks all. :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
I was in the same position as you a bit ago.
I have had a 150mm Marz AM2 and a RS Pike U-turn on my Vagrant. The pike has a bit less travel but feels much better because it is a better fork.
I am very happy with my Pike, but you can't go wrong with any of those forks you have listed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.