Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be getting a new bike soon, and was just wondering on the fork i should get. It is between a fox DH40rc2 and a boxxer world cup. so what do you think i should do and why? Also i heard that fox has had some problems with there forks and was wonder if you know anything about this and what has gone wrong with them if it is true?

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
FoxBiker said:
im going to be getting a new bike soon, and was just wondering on the fork i should get. It is between a fox DH40rc2 and a boxxer world cup. so what do you think i should do and why? Also i heard that fox has had some problems with there forks and was wonder if you know anything about this and what has gone wrong with them if it is true?
oh god...... please do a search on the fox 40 you will find pages no need to start another argument on wether or not the fox 40 is weaksuace or not. why not an 888rc ;)

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Questions......................................Questions

what bike, what kind of riding do you do,hat size are you, what bike is it going on

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Questions......................................Questions

what bike, what kind of riding do you do,hat size are you, what bike is it going on
IT going on a demo 9 pro. i do freeride and im going to start to do downhill next season

·
telemarc
293 Posts
Foxbiker,
I ran the same thread a couple weeks ago with virtually no answer. After doing a lot of research I have decided. They are both probably good forks but. 1.) I like my new pike more than any fork I have had so far. 2.) My friends at the show in Vegas said the Boxxer was the nicest feeling fork they have felt and they ride Dorado's( the older smooth one's). I trust their judgement. 3.) Fox's warranty Department for Western Canada (Winnepeg) sucks. My girlfriend went 1/2 the season without her new Talus this summer and I know at least a half dozen other's with the same experience so I am a bit reluctant to buy another Fox. 4.) I think the Boxxer is lighter. 4.) Once again if the WC feels and works as well as my 454 Pike Air I will be more than happy. 5.) Cheaper.
So I will get the 06 Boxxer World Cup and live with my decision.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
telemarc said:
Foxbiker,
I ran the same thread a couple weeks ago with virtually no answer. After doing a lot of research I have decided. They are both probably good forks but. 1.) I like my new pike more than any fork I have had so far. 2.) My friends at the show in Vegas said the Boxxer was the nicest feeling fork they have felt and they ride Dorado's( the older smooth one's). I trust their judgement. 3.) Fox's warranty Department for Western Canada (Winnepeg) sucks. My girlfriend went 1/2 the season without her new Talus this summer and I know at least a half dozen other's with the same experience so I am a bit reluctant to buy another Fox. 4.) I think the Boxxer is lighter. 4.) Once again if the WC feels and works as well as my 454 Pike Air I will be more than happy. 5.) Cheaper.
So I will get the 06 Boxxer World Cup and live with my decision.
yea but i the fork is coming with the bike so money isn't a problem. and the forks are both used so im not sure of the warrenty situation. but other then that thanks for the opinon. i am kinda liking the fox right now unless there is a really good reason not to get it. but i am not ruling out the boxxer yet.

·
Registered
819 Posts
nice bike. last week i tried a boxxer WC for the first tiem and it WAS HORRIBLE. worse then my friends stance. ewwwww, it was disgusting. i dont know if it was a bad model of if it was before sram took over or what, but i didnt like it at all

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Boxxer has sh!t dampening. Horrible issues with either non-existent rebound control or spiking. If you send it to somebody like MOJO or TFTuned then they're not bad. PUSH did a bunch of Boxxers for some team.

The new o6 Boxxers get Motion Control Dampening, like in the Pikes. This should significantly improve the feel of the fork. I'm very happy with the Pike thus far.

I think with Fox, a bad bunch of lower castings came out of the factory, because a lot of them cracked at the arch. Keep in mind the 40 is more of a race fork than it is a huck fork.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Every serious DH racer I know has or will have an 06 Boxxer WC Air. Those suckers are under 6 lbs, so I don't care how good the Fox40 is it's heavier and weight adds time to a race, period.

Boxxer took a 180 degree turn fot thr better in 2006 MY. It's impossible to say you know how an 06 feels because you rode an 05.

The new motion control system IS the most versatile and tunable on the fly system you can possibly buy for a bike. On top of that they increased the rebound range.

06 Boxxer WC all the way!

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
from my experience, I would use them for different purposes. I have tryed my friends 40 on one of the local downhill spots, I was amazed, the fork is huge but pretty light. it ate up everything I dished out at it, stiff enough for large stuff, but still soaks up rocks and whatever else. I didnt really like the feel of the boxxer WC, but the one I tryed was a lot stiffer and would probably make a great freeride and downhill fork, whare as if I wanted to do downhill only, it would be the 40 hands down.

the company: I've had problems with RS in the past, never had any problems with Fox. either way your getting a nice fork that can handle anything, but look long and hard at service and such.

·
2010 Glory custom FR
1,098 Posts
Fox40 RC2 - travel vs upper legs lenght and...

hello,
I think I will have Fox40 RC2 on my next bike, but there'a one thing I need to know. The fork has 203mm travel, but the distance from the o-rings to the lower clamp is about 230mm (if I measured it properly).
What is it for? Can I change geometry by lowering clamps?

I also have another question - does it make sense to change Fox40 RC2 to RS WC 2006?
RS is ligther (about 300g), can be tuned in the middle of nowhere with shock pump, is cheaper.
Fox is most probably stiffer, has Ti spring (probably too stiff for me), looks great, will come with my new Giant Glory bike - I think I already have asnwer for this question, but if anybody could add anything...

thanx for advices

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
frango said:
hello,
I think I will have Fox40 RC2 on my next bike, but there'a one thing I need to know. The fork has 203mm travel, but the distance from the o-rings to the lower clamp is about 230mm (if I measured it properly).
What is it for? Can I change geometry by lowering clamps?

I also have another question - does it make sense to change Fox40 RC2 to RS WC 2006?
RS is ligther (about 300g), can be tuned in the middle of nowhere with shock pump, is cheaper.
Fox is most probably stiffer, has Ti spring (probably too stiff for me), looks great, will come with my new Giant Glory bike - I think I already have asnwer for this question, but if anybody could add anything...

thanx for advices
All i know is 06 World Cups are pimp. I would.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.