·
Take Chances
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's another one for you guru's.

Things known:
1. Has an MC2 steer tube so is from a Klein with MC2 head tube
2. The stanchions are about an inch shorter than my '97 Judy SL
3. My '97 Judy SL uses snap rings at the bottom of the stanchions and this does not

Interesting Things:
1. One stanchion has threads at the bottom
2. The other stanchion has some type of cap on it
3. Stanchions are not bolt on. They are pressed in like an SL

I do not have the slider or any other parts to help identify. I wonder about what make, model, and year this fork is.

Thanks,

Ty

PICS
Metal Beige Steel Kitchen utensil Silver

Wall Line Beige Tan Composite material

Floor Flooring Tile Pipe Tile flooring

Wind instrument Automotive exhaust Metal Brass instrument Musical instrument accessory

Product Metal Cylinder Steel Material property

Metal Cylinder Steel Silver Pipe

Wind instrument Musical instrument accessory Metal Kitchen utensil Household supply

·
Registered
169 Posts
The only other choice would be a Manitou SX. The R/S Judy stantions are 28mm & Manitou are 28.7? The stantion spacing on center is different too. PM me I think I can help you give it a new life.

-John Y.

·
Take Chances
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good thing. I'd really be in trouble.

OK. so along a different story. Probably should start a new thread but....

Both Kleins I purchased were not setup with the the items shown in the catalog for their respective years. I have to wonder if the LBS changed out some parts or were parts just not available for all production so the manuf. put on them what they had available.

Any thoughts?

G

·
don't know what Kleins that are but they were also available as fuselage (frame, fork, MC1/MC2) or frames only for custom builds.

Carsten

·
Take Chances
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good point about the build.

For example,

On my '90 attitude the catalog says it should have Campy Kappa rims but it came with Campy Thorr rims. Also the catalog says it came with an Avocet M30 saddle but my had a Specialized gel saddle.

Of course, during this rebuild I have been building it back up with pretty close to original parts but just thought I would throw out this question since it happened also on my '96 Mantra Pro.

Curiosity only.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts