Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I would get this one it has travel adjustment between 100 and 140 plus its only 1800 grams plus its a air fork. I have one and for the money its greatand so easy to work on. Just make a offer two times for like 210 and tell the person you wont go higher because of taxes and you will get it in like a week I got one from the same person and I love the fork and I got it for 210 dollars. For the money it is the best budget fork read reviews about it nothing but good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUNTOUR-EPICON-...Accessories&hash=item5642716cb4#ht_5829wt_989

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
bad mechanic said:
Good luck getting parts or service a year from now.
Parts are easy to get and they are so easy to work on for the price the suntours are good forks. Do you own one I do and I have never had a problem with help from service or getting parts. Can you tell me a better fork for the money?? I like the rock shox forks but they are so heavy in this price range and you must change the spring if you are to big.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
I've dealt with plenty of them, and they have a history of dropping support for forks quickly. It's just the nature of the game when 99% of the forks they make are entry level. Once they prove they'll provide continued support for a fork for several years, then I'll start considering them.

A better fork for the money? The Manitou Match comes quickly to mind; an excellent performer with a solid company behind it.

·
mtb
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So on that Recon Race Solo Air I just have to pump it up to 120mm? On the review it says it cant be adjusted to 120mm....

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
mullen119 said:
Ride report when you get back..... then another report after it breaks in completely
I've only owned a dart and an r7 super. Of course, there's no comparison to the dart. I only rode a few miles on a fairly easy trail that has some good rooty sections. I guess the best compliment is that I didn't notice it much. It does seem a little stiffer than the r7 and seemed to soak up the roots as well as the r7. The abs+ works good. I'm very happy with it, especially given the price.

Here's a pic (post 265): http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=7749301#post7749301

1 - 20 of 33 Posts