Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Kona Dawg that has 100mm in the front and the back. I am thinking about upgrading the fork to a Marzocchi All mountain 1 fork that has 110 - 130 mm travel. How would this affect my ride>? I've never changed a fork before and I was just wondering how the bike and its performance would be affected. Thanks

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Dawgs are so well-balanced at their design fork lengths, you really don't want to mess with that. I'd go with a quality 100mm fork, over a lesser quality longer travel fork.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If you set it at 110 I wouldn't imagine a big difference in geo. I wouldn't run it at 130 though, unless you are on a sustained dowhn hill section.

·
person
684 Posts
I run my Bear (same as your 4'' dawg) with a 115mm RockShox Reba and its perfect. The stock Marzocchi's that most of them came with had pretty high A/C heights for their travel so going for a Reba @ 115 doesn't actually change the geometry much. It does give me a slightly higher BB height than stock which I've found to be perfect for New England riding. I've seen people using 130mm forks on the older 4'' Dawgs but I'd shy away from doing that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i have a 130mm pike on my dawg.. do it for sure its alot easier to DH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.