Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
emteebee
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well on my 06 hardrock pro disc, I am wanting to upgrade the fork. What I am looking for is:

1) Lighter than MZ-3
2) Not as Pogo-Stick type
3) Lockout if it really makes a difference
4) Do I really need 100mm of travel? has anyone bottomed out 80mm of travel
5) Price range around $400

I do mostly cross country but 90% singletrack type, and I want a plusher ride over rocky terrain. I am on a hardtail.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
might be better posted in the shock forum (and there's lots of similar threads over there).
I'd shoot for a 'zoke MX comp/pro or marathon (might be outta your price range) or a rockshox reba. if you're willing to go used, I'd also throw any fox fork into the mix.
lockout seems to be nice for uphill, but aside from that... it'll be a lot easier to find a 100mm travel fork than ~80mm, & i believe your bike was designed for something around 100mm, so not a bad idea to stick to it.

I forgot to add this link to a price comparison site, it's getting time for '06 closeouts, so keep an eye out.
http://www.comparisonpricing.com/

cmktech said:
Well on my 06 hardrock pro disc, I am wanting to upgrade the fork. What I am looking for is:

1) Lighter than MZ-3
2) Not as Pogo-Stick type
3) Lockout if it really makes a difference
4) Do I really need 100mm of travel? has anyone bottomed out 80mm of travel
5) Price range around $400

I do mostly cross country but 90% singletrack type, and I want a plusher ride over rocky terrain. I am on a hardtail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.