Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Hmmm, that sounds fairly sick. but i think it would be overkill and too heavy. But maybe if you were breaking forks it'd be good. also not sure if the totem would feel right.

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cummings said:
Hmmm, that sounds fairly sick. but i think it would be overkill and too heavy. But maybe if you were breaking forks it'd be good. also not sure if the totem would feel right.
It has bottom out control, unlike the pike, has a crazy range of adjustments. Were it possible to re-machine the whole cartridge damper to size, lop off the springs and all, I think you could achieve decent weight. Put some stiff springs in there and I actually think it would feel right.

Food for thought(more like a crappy photoshop attempt, but you get the idea)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
All I know is that my Totem is going to look hot when it returns from the Powder Coaters, seeing as though the RS website says the Totem 2 Step comes in black, when in fact it doesnt....Will look the ducks nuts strapped onto my Nicolai..... Not long to go now.....

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whafe said:
All I know is that my Totem is going to look hot when it returns from the Powder Coaters, seeing as though the RS website says the Totem 2 Step comes in black, when in fact it doesnt....Will look the ducks nuts strapped onto my Nicolai..... Not long to go now.....
Feel free to post a few pics when you do get it. I'd love to see it.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
wow yeah.... quite the thought, but I'd agree with cummings....
I'm alright with 32mm for now. plus the 40mm stanchions, and even bigger lowers would make any chromo bike look like it was made out of toothpicks attached to a sausage weiner on an appetizer plate... a $1k+ weiner too...

so, apparantly a little disappointed by the Argyle huh?

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
yea, they would come out with a 40mm jump fork, then a 200mm travel 24mm stauntion fork :rolleyes: it might be okay, but would probably be too awkward. my buddy used to have a 80mm marzocchi 66 {maybe this was brad's doing?} and it was just way too strange to ride a fork like that, with that little travel.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'd ride one . . . but I'm just stupid like that.

If the 66's are so big, I'm guessing the Z1's aren't, as a lot of people use modded ones that brad's had some time with . . .

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
dirtyharry said:
I'd ride one . . . but I'm just stupid like that.

If the 66's are so big, I'm guessing the Z1's aren't, as a lot of people use modded ones that brad's had some time with . . .
the Totem makes the 66 look small, if that gives any perspective. Z1's have the same stanchion dia. as the DJ series, 32mm, pretty common size for all susp. forks...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.