Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who want to trade a brand new 05 Manitou Sherman Breakout+ for my used 04 Sherman Breakout with TPC that has 6 inches. what are peoples opinions on SPV compared to the TPC dampening

·
Registered
104 Posts
Robot Chicken said:
He meant TPC is better than SPV, keep your TPC.

Both can be upgraded to TPC or TPC+ I believe.

SPV is harsh riding at fast speeds, but is OK for drops.
Heh, thanks for the correction. The '04's are much more responsive to small bumps, the '03's of course where the best overall, I dont know why Manitou ditched the TPC+, I just hope that the new system for '06 on the Travis and Gold Label's are better.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Changing to TPC won't give you that extra inch of travel. That would involve a number of things, including a different spring. I'm not sure if there's enough stanchion/bushing overlap to give it that extra inch either.

TPC is much more responsive. TPC+ has a more progresive feel and prevents bottoming, because it uses 3 pistons, instead of 2, and it's position sensitive.

·
Registered
710 Posts
XSL_WiLL said:
Changing to TPC won't give you that extra inch of travel. That would involve a number of things, including a different spring. I'm not sure if there's enough stanchion/bushing overlap to give it that extra inch either.

TPC is much more responsive. TPC+ has a more progresive feel and prevents bottoming, because it uses 3 pistons, instead of 2, and it's position sensitive.
He meant he was going to upgrade to the 7 inch version and add TPC or TPC+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.