Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a delivery bike project in the works and I need to build a fork for it with a long steerer tube. It will be a unicrown and threadless design with straight gauge cro-mo for the steerer tube. I know most steerer tubes are butted with the thin end being around .058, and the thick end being around .090, could I use .058 straight gauge or would I need to braze in a reinforcment sleeve for the first 6" or so? the fork will be for a 20" front wheel.
Thanks in advance

·
no dabs
476 Posts
j-ro said:
I have a delivery bike project in the works and I need to build a fork for it with a long steerer tube. It will be a unicrown and threadless design with straight gauge cro-mo for the steerer tube. I know most steerer tubes are butted with the thin end being around .058, and the thick end being around .090, could I use .058 straight gauge or would I need to braze in a reinforcment sleeve for the first 6" or so? the fork will be for a 20" front wheel.
Thanks in advance
what is the lever arm under hard braking (fork length plus wheel radius? less leverage means you can get away with thinner tubing.... what is the max rider plus cargo weight? less load means..... and so on

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.