Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past I've been guilty of tweaking too many knobs on my fork and/or shock while on the trail that resulted in some harsh adjustments and no real record of what I was changing and how it affected my ride.

This season I decided to get organized!

I created a "cheat sheet" for my Fox 40 and RC4 with a quick summary of each setting and tuning instructions. Each category has a column to record my current setting and a section for comments so I can record any changes I make and how they help my ride.

I'll carry it with me while riding to keep track of any adjustments made on the mountain in hopes that it will help me dial in the suspension and also provide some input over time on what settings I should be running at different riding locations.

I'm sure I am not the first to do this, but figured I would share the document in case anyone else could find it useful.

Attachments

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
I started doing that last summer, really helps get things dialed in without wasting time guessing. It also makes it easy to reset back to your preferred settings if you get something wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.