Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 2002 Giant AC Air Lite with a Rock Shox Psylo SL Fork. I have noticed that after long descent there is a little oil leakage around the stanchion wipers. I have heard other people say they have issues with Psylos leaking. So my question is, my LBS said they could send my fork in to RS to have it serviced for $50. I have been reading about another place called Hippie Tech that does fork and shock service, but it has mixed reviews. What do you guys think is my best option???

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
wickedone31 said:
So, I have a 2002 Giant AC Air Lite with a Rock Shox Psylo SL Fork. I have noticed that after long descent there is a little oil leakage around the stanchion wipers. I have heard other people say they have issues with Psylos leaking. So my question is, my LBS said they could send my fork in to RS to have it serviced for $50. I have been reading about another place called Hippie Tech that does fork and shock service, but it has mixed reviews. What do you guys think is my best option???
After 8 years...it is LONG overdue for a service. $50 actually sounds too cheap, what exactly does that cover?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure I told the guy over the phone my problem with leakage and thats what he told me. Hippie Techs website says fork service is $75-$130 does that sound reasonable/ I've tried emailing them but they don't ever respond to their emails. I wanted to know if they can do a complete overhaul, like new seals, wipers, fluid, bushings maybe.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
wickedone31 said:
not sure I told the guy over the phone my problem with leakage and thats what he told me. Hippie Techs website says fork service is $75-$130 does that sound reasonable/ I've tried emailing them but they don't ever respond to their emails. I wanted to know if they can do a complete overhaul, like new seals, wipers, fluid, bushings maybe.
For new wipers and seals plus oil...the $75 sounds about in the right range. New bushings (if needed, do you have bushing slop?) would easily push that to the $130 range. I would try calling Hippie Tech instead of e-mailing...I've always had better success getting in contact with companies over the phone than with an e-mail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts