Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm needing to decide on my new fork and hoping to get some input. I know the topic has been discussed, but I'm still undecided, so hopefully I can get some more info.

I'm 6'8" and around 225lbs and ride a steel hardtail. I do most of my riding in Pisgah, so it involves a lot of rocky rooty technical climbs and downhills.

Right now I'm focused on the 2010 Reba 20 TA, or the Fox 15 TA both in 120mm (my hub is convertable). I'm most concerned with performance over roots/rocks and stiffness. I'd love to hear about folks experiences and opinions.

thanks,

Paul

·
Your Best Friend
5,660 Posts
I'm 6'3" and was 210lbs when I first started riding my 09 Reba Team. I have the 20mm thru axle and highly recommend the fork. I love how you can fine tune the + and - air chambers. It really helps to fine tune the fork for your terrain and riding style. It is also stiff, I don't notice much flex anyway.

The only downside I can see compared to the Fox is tire clearance as the Reba has just a little less.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ditto on the dual air chambers. For riders over 200lbs it's worth it. Seems the Fox negative chambers are preset for someone about 170lbs. I could never get the Fox adjusted as well as my Reba.

·
Working Man's Toilet
834 Posts
I am 6'6" 230 and my Reba (QR version) was FLEXY- hated it. My riding was in Santa Cruz- lots of roots and rocks- got ALL KINDS of wheel deflection.
I love Fox forks, that being said, I have never ridden the F29, BUT have ridden a Fox 36 moddified for the 29er application- it is out of this WORLD!

·
Enjoyin' life....
293 Posts
I just installed a 2010 Reba Team QR version. I'm 6'1" and 220 or 215 (haven't weighed in yet at the gym). I ride some very technical singletrack thats reclaimed strip mine so there are lots of short, steep hills, drops, rocks and since its all overgrown roots abound. The Reba is fantastic and even though its a QR, I just don't feel any flex at all. Ditto on air adjustments.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the feedback guys.
Are the internals of the current reba much different than on the original reba 29? I'm currently running the older reba and have never got it feel "right", it alwasy felt harsh. some of it may be the flex due to the 9mm qr, but it seems like I can't get it to be active enough on small bumps but still have enough pressure for my weight.
Any big guys running the fox?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.