Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2.5 hour tour of fort rock last week from ooctrl (top bloke, thanks again!) and I think we hit 95% of the trails in there. I ended up on my 29er hardtail. I typically ride a 6" dually on some pretty rugged terrain on NJ (Ringwood/Ramapo) I thought the fort rock trails were a fantastic mix of super fast flowy stuff with some short but tricky rock gardens interspersed along the way. All in all a great place to get a good workout (altiough no real hills) and sharpen your skills. The 29er worked well for most of the ride but I missed the dually in some of the rock gardens. I even managed a three footer (unintentional) as I slipped off the side of a brige due to not paying attention and poor balance - I ended up somewhat muddy and wet!

·
Go Bruins!
587 Posts
Wilks,

It was a good time! We rode a large portion of Fort Rock last Tuesday. It was a nice day for riding and we enjoyed ourselves. Wilks fall off one of the bridges out by the powerlines was priceless. I felt bad at first, but he didn't hurt himself. He got to see what Fort Rock is all about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts