Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I'm awaiting my new El Salt to replace my old Marble Peak and need to purchase
a longer travel fork.I was curious what everyone likes.I've been using a sid and it's too flexy
and not enough travel.The Fox talas is on sale for a good price but I'm not familiar with it.
My new frame has a float r and quad bearings.

Thanks
Jeff

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,408 Posts
I'm assuming that's a pro-pedal float R.

I'd go with a Float or a Talas. Float R, RLC, or RLT matches great with that rear shock.

Talas gives you adjustable travel, and a more linear spring rate (push will make it more progressive). That rear shock is pretty progressive in it's spring rate, and if you are just going 4 in the rear, the Float works great with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Green Giant said:
I'd go with a Float or a Talas. Float R, RLC, or RLT matches great with that rear shock.

Talas gives you adjustable travel, and a more linear spring rate (push will make it more progressive). That rear shock is pretty progressive in it's spring rate, and if you are just going 4 in the rear, the Float works great with it.
Thanks Green Giant.When you say push on the talas you refer to Push industries?
I am going to set the bike up with the stock 4" travel.I'll check out the Float fork.I thought of buying the talas in case I wanted to increase travel with the 5" rockers later in life.
Thanks for the info.
Jeff

·
Feeding your addiction
2,648 Posts
JThomas said:
Thanks Green Giant.When you say push on the talas you refer to Push industries?
I am going to set the bike up with the stock 4" travel.I'll check out the Float fork.I thought of buying the talas in case I wanted to increase travel with the 5" rockers later in life.
Thanks for the info.
Jeff
The new 05' Float would be a good option, they are coming set at 130mm but can be reduced to 100mm. That way you'd be fine either way, 4" or 5".
Larry Mettler
http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Happy with my Minute 1

Running a Minute 1 on my Salty and have been very happy with it.

It is as stiff as my Fox and feels pretty plush - plusher than I expected from a stable platform fork. The SPV works as advertised. The minute 1 also has on-the-fly travel adjustment between 100 & 130mm.

I am running a PUSH modified Float in the rear, and it seems to match up well with the Minute 1.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AOK said:
Running a Minute 1 on my Salty and have been very happy with it.

It is as stiff as my Fox and feels pretty plush - plusher than I expected from a stable platform fork. The SPV works as advertised. The minute 1 also has on-the-fly travel adjustment between 100 & 130mm.

I am running a PUSH modified Float in the rear, and it seems to match up well with the Minute 1.
Thanks for the reply AOK,Larry just hooked me up with a Talas.When I get the bike assembled I'll post a pic and review.Thanks again for sharing your advice.
Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.