Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im tired of messing around with marz XC600 on my reign. I would like someone to recomend me a fork. I dont care what brand but it needs to be a tough fork. I like to ride trails to riding jump parks. i weigh 205 and the xc600 had a hard time supporting me. Thanks

·
Yayer!
185 Posts
Really depends on what you are looking for travel-wise. Sounds like you could use something adjustable (talas, tst, u-turn) in the 100-130ish range. I would suggest a Revelation U-Turn or a Fox Talas (32 or 36 depending). Either of those will have a decent enough adjustment range for what you want to ride and a 20mm or QR option depending on what axle your wheelset requires.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry the xc600 is a 140mm fork but i know im not getting that just comes up short. So im thinking 140 and 160 max and adjustable travel with some form of a lock out with the the big thru axel.

·
Yayer!
185 Posts
Chris M. said:
Sorry the xc600 is a 140mm fork but i know im not getting that just comes up short. So im thinking 140 and 160 max and adjustable travel with some form of a lock out with the the big thru axel.
I would seriously consider a Fox Talas 36 (R or RC2) travel adjustment range depends on what model year you buy, but the fork is air sprung and burly. Another really good fork to look at is a Rock Shox Lyrik. The Lyrik comes in a coil sprung U-Turn model as well as a 2-step air that is 115 / 160 travel (either or). There are a couple of nice looking Lyriks on Ebay right now actually. Either one of those options are 20mm maxle as well. Marz has the 55 but with riders in your weight range and larger tend to get notchy travel with the higher air pressure for one reason or another.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CoalesceKid said:
with riders in your weight range and larger tend to get notchy travel with the higher air pressure for one reason or another.
Thats my experence with my marz. I tried to get a different spring but they dont offer one. I saw that the 55r's were on sale for like 250 and almost got one. I will do some looking on the forks you suggested. Thanks

·
Yayer!
185 Posts
Chris M. said:
Thats my experence with my marz. I tried to get a different spring but they dont offer one. I saw that the 55r's were on sale for like 250 and almost got one. I will do some looking on the forks you suggested. Thanks
Bummer not being able to swap out the guts of the 600 and get what you want. Definitely do some research on the aforementioned...you can run into stupid-good deals if you check Ebay and CL blatantly. Give me a holler if you have any other questions. :thumbsup:

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
CoalesceKid said:
Bummer not being able to swap out the guts of the 600 and get what you want. Definitely do some research on the aforementioned...you can run into stupid-good deals if you check Ebay and CL blatantly. Give me a holler if you have any other questions. :thumbsup:
blatantly?

·
think
853 Posts
Big heavy rider who likes to hit things hard? Forget the Talas or Revelation. If you don't have the loot for a Lryik or a 36 the Pike is probably the way to go. If you really want 160mm then look to the Domain. Both are rugged forks that will take a real beating.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.