Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
custom 29" fork dimensions

allroads said:
What are typical crown to axle and rake measurements for non-suspension corrected rigid forks?

For 29"er forks, non-suspension corrected, we generally do 435mm axle to crown, and the beauty of custom forks is that we can vary the rake in conjunction with the head tube angle to achieve the desired trail measurement. A 1.5" to 1.7" rake is fairly standard however

Brad
[email protected]

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

One of the reasons I asked is that there have been several posted pics where the forks seem to be very short (eg. the Rock Lobster) an I was curious how short they could be and still fit a 29 X 2.1 tire.

Paul

·
Registered
200 Posts
allroads said:
One of the reasons I asked is that there have been several posted pics where the forks seem to be very short (eg. the Rock Lobster) an I was curious how short they could be and still fit a 29 X 2.1 tire.

435mm a to c height is fine to fit a 29" x 2.1 tire, and if the fork legs are mitered correctly, you can fit a larger tire if/when people start making them.

Brad
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.