Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Rize 5 for a Christmas gift this year, and wanting to update front fork. The Rize 5 came with a Rockshox Tora 302 Solo Air 130mm fork. I am wanting to replace with a Fox fork. I am looking at a few in the 500-600 dollar range like the Vanilla. Would a 140mm Vanilla be a good replacement or is there another Fox fork that I should consider. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
414 Posts
First off, sounds like you had a nice Christmas.. Congrats. I've heard decent reviews on the Tora, but if you do want to upgrade I think fox is the way to go.

·
Registered
254 Posts
if that's what you are looking to spend you can get a nice Lefty Max on Ebay for that. Lighter and stiffer then Fox and my opinion but better feeling too. 350-400 for the fork and then the other 150 for relacing your front wheel to a lefty hub. I know I will get criticized because the OP wants a Fox but having ridden many versions of both I like the lefty better.
With that said I would definitely ride the Tora awhile to see what I thought before making any changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.