Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about putting a suspension fork on my Bianchi SASS. I'd like to keep the geometry of the bike the same as best I can when i do this. Do I just measure the fork and try to match it with a suspension fork best i can? It's still got the stock rigid fork on it right now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes measure the axle to crown. Then you can match it up. Or you could get a fork like the Fox Vannila and adjust it to whatever is comfy.80, 100, or 125

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think most 80mm susp. corrected rigid forks are around 425mm- so if yours is around that length, check out an 80mm susp. fork. Or, like was mentioned, pick up an adjustable travel fork.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Padre said:
Putting a 100mm on there would do 2 things:
1. make it handle like a Harley
2. make it look super dorky
Super dorky, eh? Must be words of wisdom.

If that is the case, my 1x1 must be über dorky with its 125mm travel fork. Strange enough, it handles as well as it did with the 80mm. Maybe it is more of the rider than the bike. ;)

d./

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
dodjy said:
Super dorky, eh? Must be words of wisdom.

If that is the case, my 1x1 must be über dorky with its 125mm travel fork. Strange enough, it handles as well as it did with the 80mm. Maybe it is more of the rider than the bike. ;)

d./
My 1x1 w/ an MxComp had the 100mm and the 30mm travel setting.. the 30mm travel setting was closest to rigid. The 100mm was great going down, for sure... but going up or flat..it was ridiculous... yes, a 125mm on a 1x1 does qualify for the uber category...

·
Registered
29 Posts
100 or 80?

don't mean to hijack this thread but everyone seems opinionated about forks and so i was wondering. . . just converted my old fisher, running a rock shox pilot set at 80 mm . . . what would changing it to 100 do? i'll likely just try it after many miles to see and feel it for myself, but was wondering what others' opinions would be. thanks

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
lenox_mtbr said:
don't mean to hijack this thread but everyone seems opinionated about forks and so i was wondering. . . just converted my old fisher, running a rock shox pilot set at 80 mm . . . what would changing it to 100 do? i'll likely just try it after many miles to see and feel it for myself, but was wondering what others' opinions would be. thanks
Are you kidding?
Keep it at 80mm. For sure.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
F80x

The Fox F80X is a great fork for this bike. The F100X, while a good fork, really makes the bike jittery when it's at the end of its travel; really steepens that head angle, which is relatively steep (71°) to being with.

The F80X offers plenty of travel and doen't mess too much with the geometry when going through its motion.

Also, the 05 grey color used on the FX series meld a little better with the chrome than the 04 white.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the responces. I figured the 80 was the best suited for it but i just wanted some experienced vets to back it up a bit more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts