Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I was wondering if y'all know of a good fork replacement for my 2008 trek 6000, it currently has the rockshox dart 3, but I want something a little more responsive, after riding fountainhead in northern virginia I realized these forks aren't going to cut it. I'm thinking of a range of $200-325.

thanks!!

·
singletrack.
4 Posts
Hey man,

Not sure about on a Trek (but I'm sure it'd be as good as any), but I just picked up a Fox 32 RL, I was kind of in the same situation, I had a Marzocchi Bomber 33 for quite a while and wanted something better, with more adjustment and options. The Bomber was truly bomb proof, I never bottomed it out or anything, but it was just missing some key features I wanted. Well anyways, I got the Fox for like $225 shipped, used, which seems to be just a bit lower than it's average sale price used, which would still be in the price range you mentioned. The 32 RL is a pretty bad ass fork, lots of adjustments for rebound, total lockout, it's an air shock so with a pump on hand you can adjust the pressure on the fly. It's also 120mm travel, so it won't totally jack the geometry of your bike. Just my .02 cents on it man, for the price this fork is an awesome buy. I got mine on pinkbike and there were a few others, but eBay also had a plethora of them around. Might start there? Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, that does sound cheap. I've looked around and the ones I've been looking into which was the Fox 32 RL and some other ones were well over $300. I'll check that website out.

·
bumbles bounce
96 Posts
I just bought a barely used 2012 talas 32 rlc 140 w/ kashima on ebay for $350. Took me almost 2 yrs of looking, but it paid off. It's a $900 fork new. The deals are there if you're patient. I needed an 1 1/8" straight steerer with over 8" length & that's what took so long to find. If you're buying used make sure it's the right size & length steerer. Some overlook that & are stuck w/ a fork that doesn't fit. Oh yeah, it was also a 15mm QR so I had to convert my older King hub from the pinner QR, only another $90! Everything from King is expensive, but it's worth it in the long run. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts