Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this forum for hard tails with rigid forks only or can it also be for hard tails with suspension forks? I have a rigid hard tail and have often considered adding a suspension fork to it but it's old school QR hubs. It's a 2014 Soma B side V4 so it can accept a tapered fork. The wheels are Hope hubs Pro 4 EVO so I believe I can buy end caps for the front for a fork with a through axle if needed. Just wondering what's available for a bike like this that's more than just a pogo stick but under $500 as well. I don't want a cheap fork but don't think a $1000 fork is necessary either.

The thing I like about rigid is low weight and no maintenance but as I get older it might be nice to have options.

·
Oey12
61 Posts
I will second the Marzocchi Z2 as I currently own one (Giant Trance 29). It’s incredible for the price and it is very user friendly. I would purchase another in a heartbeat. My only complaint is that the small bump sensitivity is on the firm side but buttery smooth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.