Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for months and can't seem to find an appropriate fork for this bike. I'd prefer to find a light weight ridgid fork but would be happy with an air fork as well. The issue I'm having, is finding one that will work with all the original components such as V-Brakes.

I've found some older threads where people have upgraded the fork to various ones but the links are dead, the pictures are gone, the forks are discontinued, or unavailable, etc etc. Any guidance is greatly appreciated by my 5 year old!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just got a sun tour XCM HLO Air SL 20 for my son's 20" bike. But I had to pre order it back in may and didn't get it until August.

It may be sold out again, but a good fork and I think you can get on a notification list on their site.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Finding a 20" air fork with V-Brake mounts in nearly impossible. The only one I am aware of that has been available in the past is the Spinner Grind Air 20. I don't know of anyone who currently has them in stock. There was an ebay vendor out of Taiwan that had them listed for $210 just a few weeks ago. However, the "listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

RST also makes a version of their Spex 20 fork with disc + V-brake mounts. However, I have not seen them listed for sale anywhere. Risse Racing out of Redmond, OR is the US distributor, so you may try contacting them to see what they are able to get.

Good luck in your search. If you happen to find something, post it back up here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finding a 20" air fork with V-Brake mounts in nearly impossible. The only one I am aware of that has been available in the past is the Spinner Grind Air 20. I don't know of anyone who currently has them in stock. There was an ebay vendor out of Taiwan that had them listed for $210 just a few weeks ago. However, the "listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

RST also makes a version of their Spex 20 fork with disc + V-brake mounts. However, I have not seen them listed for sale anywhere. Risse Racing out of Redmond, OR is the US distributor, so you may try contacting them to see what they are able to get.

Good luck in your search. If you happen to find something, post it back up here.
Thanks for the information. At this point it seems like this may be a lost cause. Unfortunately, he's probably just going to have to deal with it for a while. He's got about a year left on this bike before he can fit the 24" bike I have ordered. I was just trying to improve the biggest flaw of his current bike to hold him over. If I find anything else, I'll reply here for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.