Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Steel is Real
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've also posted this in the Shocks forum; I didn't realize there was a manufacturers-specific thread.

I've just purchased a brand new Cake 1 DLX frame, and am planing on building it up. I'm unsure of what fork I should purchase, though. I plan on doing mostly XC, but I also do sporadic mountain and downhill throughout the season.

Initially, this bike came with a Maverick SC32 with 125mm of travel. JensonUSA doesn't carry the Maverick, so it's not an option. What I'm considering is a Marzocchi All Mountain SL '06; it has 130-150mm travel, and retails for $750; it's on sale at jenson for $350. Either that, or a Marzocchi All Mountain 3 '07 for about the same price and specs.

Thoughts? Opinions?

· Double-metric mtb man
4,472 Posts
Myself, I've been quite content with the Fox Float 130R that came stock on my '06 Cake 2 DLX. Could use a little more adjustment for fine tuning, but other than that it has been a wonderful fork for my Clyde butt and the 8" rotor I'm running on the hydros up front.

· Steel is Real
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Mike; the Fox 32 Float was one recommendation from a fellow rider. The weight seems great, and the company rep is solid. I'll have to shell out a few more bucks, but this is one area where I think I'll get dividends for money spent.

· Registered
108 Posts
Fox is a solid choice :) Nice to get an RL or RLC if your into 'fine' tuning. Talas for travel adjust of course... I've been most impressed on demo rides with the Talas. Some of the Rock Shox Reba/Revelation models seem pretty nice - lowish stiction - see if you can ride some bikes with different forks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.