Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got some green,so a new fork is in order for spring.i need some peoples opinions.im looking at either a travis triple ti(7"),or a white brothers groove180...right now,even though i havnt seen anyone running a groove,ive read nothing but good things from the guys thta do.so im lenaing towards the groove.

ive ridden a travis,but the groove just looks too cool.

·
Bum Buzzer
1,992 Posts
SMT wont ride a Manitou! Why should you?

Ahh.. I dunno - good forks - Id go with WB because they def perform, and they have a good rep for CS -- and ECH took forever to ruin one and hes a beast (riding wise, AND lack-of-maintenance-wise!!!)

EDIT - and as mentioned above - UNCOMMON.. (If they perform - then why not!!!!!!!!!)

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
You'll be stoked on the WB. Still the best made dh forks I've ever worked on or ridden.

The ONLY reason I sold mine was because the old ones weren't as laterally stiff as the 888. The new groove design is right up there. My fork is almost 3 years old now and about to give up the ghost. I'll probably be getting a wb as well.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
I probably ride my manitou's harder than SMT :rolleyes: the travis is a great fork. but go white brothers, they make some sick stuff. my buddy has that little older DH3? fork. its the inverted one, he rides it on an imperial and loves it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
todd_freeride said:
I probably ride my manitou's harder than SMT :rolleyes: the travis is a great fork. but go white brothers, they make some sick stuff. my buddy has that little older DH3? fork. its the inverted one, he rides it on an imperial and loves it.
too bad the DH3 was made by a different company. WB was bought out in 2004? their stuff is even better now. thank god too, i had a DH3 and a DH2, those were junk. terrible to work on.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
DHS said:
too bad the DH3 was made by a different company. WB was bought out in 2004? their stuff is even better now. thank god too, i had a DH3 and a DH2, those were junk. terrible to work on.
I dont know, what was that fork ? it was an all black inverted fork. much like my shiver, but it wasnt zocchi. I'll try to get ahold of my friend today and see what it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.