Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
as long as it`s sinthethic suspension oil...

hamba said:
Does anyone use Maxima Fork Oil 7wt for Fox Vanilla 125RLC? I only found this type of oil in my area. Is it good? Any review may be help. Thanks.
you`ll be fine. The other thing that you must look on the package is that it doesn`t say anything about seals swelling (please someone correct me if I spell this word bad...wich I think I did :rolleyes: )

Hope that helps...!

Pd: as you can see, english is not my mother language.

·
Alpine Rider (Italy)
283 Posts
hamba said:
Does anyone use Maxima Fork Oil 7wt for Fox Vanilla 125RLC? I only found this type of oil in my area. Is it good? Any review may be help. Thanks.
it's good. slightly more fluid than stock oil. compression damping will decrease and rebound speed will increase. not a huge change but noticeable. you'll love it if you don't weight too much.
maxima 10wt is more similar to stock oil.
http://www.peterverdonedesigns.com/lowspeed.htm

·
Registered
681 Posts
You mean...

30x26 said:
i'm 140lbs too. buy maxima 7wt , it' s the right choice for your weight.
more ideas: http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?p=1764625&postcount=5
maxima 7wt and less oil (suggested volume minus 10cc) give a noticeable improvement for light riders who don't jump too much
that you only put 140cc of oil in the damper side?
Is that good for an open oil bath fork? I `ve read that this kind of dampening systems are very sensitive to improper oil amounts...Being 150cc the normal level recommended by fox.

thanks!

·
Alpine Rider (Italy)
283 Posts
fran said:
that you only put 140cc of oil in the damper side?
Is that good for an open oil bath fork? I `ve read that this kind of dampening systems are very sensitive to improper oil amounts...
yes 140cc, obviously only if you don't get full travel. oil height lower than stock does't damage the fork , it only gives a more linear compression.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
how difficult is it to change the oil in a vanilla fork. I need it done and was debating on tring to do it myself. I am just a little intimidated about screwing up my beloved vanilla. and do you always change the seals when you chang the oil?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.