Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone here is running a KM with a different than stock rigid fork. The listed length of the stock one is 18.4. I am wondering if I put on something more in the 19 range if that would slacken it up a bit. New to the rigid thing so decent advice would be appreciated. I am just looking for a rigid ss frame that is a little slacker and roomier than what I have now.(origin 8 scout). Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
I am running a Niner Carbon fork on mine and have a Niner 853 Steel on the way.

Both are 470mm. A-C. and the KM stock is 468mm. I believe.

If you are looking for a slacker geo. I would suggest ordering the 490mm. A-C Niner Steel Fork.

PF

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
wnc - I recommend sticking with the OEM KM fork. The package, when combined (fork and frame) works very well together. It's not twitchy or nervous steering at all - more telepathic, neutral, just right.

When I first got my KM, I had a Niner 490 AtoC fork and while it handled OK, it was so much better/more intuitive when I tried the KM fork.

Needless to say, KM fork is still in use. Sold the Niner fork......

·
Registered
38 Posts
I kinda did what you are talking about. My DB Overdrive originally came with a Dart 3, and I replaced it with a Jamis Rigid fork I got off Craigslist. The steerer length remain exactly the same, but the slightly longer fork gives for a fast smooth ride.

sorry for the crappy camera phone pic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.