Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am looking for a new fork, my budget is 360£ for fork and a new front wheel if neccesary (running qr atm) i have looked at,
Rockshox pike 454/426 u turn coil 95-130mm
Rockshox revelation 426 u turn air 100-130mm
Fox 32 talas adjustable air 100-140mm
Manitou Minute Elite Absolute air 120mm
Magura Menja coil 130mm
(any other suggestions?)
Please help me and comment on my choices, thanks
Jake
P.s. If you know of any technical problems with the forks listed please inform me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have a 2007 Rockshox Revelation 130mm Dual Air (non-u-turn) that came on my Felt Virtue and also have a 2007 Fox 32 Talas 100-140 and a 2007 Magura Menja 130 air. All three of these air forks come in just under 4 pounds (1.81Kg), and all of these are Quick Release normal axle.

The Fox Talas stands out as the best of the three, the best damping, the strongest (ie minimal flex) and the 90 degree turn of the lever for travel adjust. The Magura has good damping, (not as good as the Fox, better than the Rockshox), but a lot of flex (you can see the front axle go back and forth a lot on rocky downhill fireroads). The Revelation was about 1/2 way between the Fox and the Magura regarding wheel flex.

I'm selling the Virtue with the Revelation, I put the Magura on a bike I'm selling a friend, I'm keeping the Talas on my Yeti 575, and I bought a 2nd Talas for another frame I have, so that should give you an idea of my opinions on these three!

FYI, the Pike coil forks are heavy, the 454 is 5.0 pounds (2.28Kg) and the 426 is 5.4 pounds (2.43Kg), so you'd be adding significant weight with the Pike, although you'll have the stiffness of the 20mm axle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.