Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Designated Bleeder
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have decided to give the whole 96er thing a try on my On-One Inbred 456. But since I am new to this whole 29er thing, I need a bit of advice on parts.

I am attempting to do this relatively cheaply so I am trying to get a reasonably priced fork and front wheel that are going to be robust enough for aggressive trail riding. What would you guys suggest for a suspension fork? I have been looking at the Rebas and Marzocchi Marathon 29er's and MX 29ers. I would love a Maverick but my budget doesn't allow it (I have two other bikes that need parts too...).

As for a front wheel, do they make any good, tough 29er wheels that are not just transfers from the cyclocross world?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Tons of tough wheels. For the Inbred 456 - I'd look at finding a used Reba SL set at 80mm - that frame geometry should accomodate that fork with 29" wheel just fine.

Another option would be to find an older White Brothers CX1 - but that'll limit you to only 68mm of travel. Or perhaps you can find a deal on a newer WB BW.8 fork - another offering from White Brothers - but set for 80mm of travel.

An older Zoke 29er fork would get the job done, but they are somewhat heavy and maybe a little flexier than say a Reba or WB.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.