Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have an 04 Stinky and I just orderd a Sherman Slider Plus for it you should be fine with any 7" fork I have heard of people putting shivers and monsters on but IDK.
keep it real

·
Rider of Bikes
224 Posts
Hack said:
ya...i have that fork stock as well.but i don't like too much. When i do drop's or jumps it's fine but going through rock gardens and stuff like that there's a compression spike and it clanks.
I didn't realize that tou already had that fork. I agree, though, that the clanking can get annoying sometimes. If I were you, I'd keep my eyes open for a good deal on an '04 fork. The other option is to buy an HSCV cartridge for your jr T. That should effectively turn your fork into a Monster T. You will improve the performance and eliminate the clanking. The bad thing is that the HSCV cartridge is (I think) around $200.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
I'd keep the Jr. T and upgrade the damping cartridges on both legs.

If you're looking to upgrade your fork, why not purchase the HSCV cartridges and turn it into a Super T (more or less)? That's what I'd do if I already owned a Jr. T. You'll have external adjustments and it'll work so much better without the spiking on multiple hits like the Jr. does. Seems like a cheaper alternative to buying a new fork outright and it'll totally change how your fork handles.

I've got a Super T on mine and can't say enough good things about it. I'm probably due for an upgrade on one spring as I'm bottoming it pretty hard these days (even with additional oil), but I love the thing.

EB

·
Registered
297 Posts
170mm Shiver on my 03 DLuxe

Kona says max 170mm on Stinky or warranty goes.Personally I think thats bull as the 05 comes with a 170 888 which is longer than ie a 190mm Shiver , but my bike rides really nice and I dont want or need more travel.

·
Rider of Bikes
224 Posts
I inquied about the HSCV cartridge at my LBS today. The shop owner called Marz and found out that one cartridge would make a Jr T like an '04 Super T. The '03 Super T had two cartridges. Two may be overkill, but it would work. Also the HSCV cartridge runs $119. Marz is currently out, but are expecting some in two weeks.If I were you, I'd try one. $119 vs a new fork may be worth a shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.