Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 05 Z1 FR1, 05 AM1 and 05 888. I have two bikes intense 5.5 and bullit. The bullit I build up three ways, one light FR with the Z1, two super light with am1, and the 888 for DH. The 5.5 only gets the AM1. I got a hold of a CK 20mm thru axle and now I'm thinking of going ZAM1. Then I looked at Marzocchis website and saw the Z1 light eta. Now what? Can the zam1 handle light FR? Anyone running the Z1 light eta on a 5.5? what is the weight? and A to C length? I could possibly sell both the the Z1 and AM1 to get the new Z1 L ETA or do the conversion, or by just some Z1 lowers for the AM1. Any recommendations and numbers would be greatly appreciated.

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Toss up.

If you like the quick adjustability of the TST then the ZAM1 is the way to go. If you want to be able to fine tune the compression w/o the ability to adjust "on-the-fly" then the Z1 Light with it's RC2 cartridge is the way to go.

The ZAM will be about .4lbs lighter than the Z1 Light and there is always the option of adding the RC2 cart later on if you desire. Both will have a 538mm A-2-C at 150mm of travel.

What a-2-c is recommended for the 5.5? Will the tall zocchi put the geometry out of whack?

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fork a-c

SSINGA said:
Toss up.

If you like the quick adjustability of the TST then the ZAM1 is the way to go. If you want to be able to fine tune the compression w/o the ability to adjust "on-the-fly" then the Z1 Light with it's RC2 cartridge is the way to go.

The ZAM will be about .4lbs lighter than the Z1 Light and there is always the option of adding the RC2 cart later on if you desire. Both will have a 538mm A-2-C at 150mm of travel.

What a-2-c is recommended for the 5.5? Will the tall zocchi put the geometry out of whack?
Right now I run the AM1 at 130mm all the time on the 5.5 so the A-C is not an issue. Does the TAS still work on the ZAM1? Will the RC2 cart work in 05 Z1 lowers? I'm not interested in increasing the weight too much I'm a light weight.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Right now I run the AM1 at 130mm all the time on the 5.5 so the A-C is not an issue. Does the TAS still work on the ZAM1? Will the RC2 cart work in 05 Z1 lowers? I'm not interested in increasing the weight too much I'm a light weight.
YEA you can run your Z-1 lowers on a AM1 body /internals
I've seen this swap done by quite a few people with no problems .

Good luck!

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
weight difference?

SSINGA said:
Toss up.

Do you know the weight difference between the AM1 and The ZAM1?

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Do you know the weight difference between the AM1 and The ZAM1?
No weight difference. Both the QR and 20mm axle lowers weight the same.

Yes the TAS will still work. The RC2 cartridge will retrofit into the 05 forks - but it might be a bit pricey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.