Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to upgrade from Fox Float 34 fork and fox CTD shock (stock build), to a newer better system. Can't afford a new bike, really like this bike anyway. what have you up graded with? thanks !!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Want to upgrade from Fox Float 34 fork and fox CTD shock (stock build), to a newer better system. Can't afford a new bike, really like this bike anyway. what have you up graded with? thanks !!
You could have the fox 34 updated without buying a new fork. Contact fullflow suspension, auburn ca.

Shock options would be a rebuild/tune or more current piggyback type shock with or without custom tune.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
What's your reason for upgrading? I just had my suspension overhauled and it feels like a new bike again. Not sure where you're location, but if you're in the midatlantic, Pro Builds in Bethlehem PA did an awesome job. I swear the fork feels better than when it was new.

·
Registered
838 Posts
big difference between a 34 and 36 especially if you're going from fit4 or grip1 to grip 2, DPX2 is a great shock does miles better than the non res DPS that came with later models

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ended up changing my fork from the stock Fox 34 Performance (GRIP) to a Manitou Mattoc Pro and now have the front end behaving very well. Quite possibly I could have gotten there with work on the Fox, but the huge amount of adjustment on the Mattoc let me dial things in nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts