Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again all, so I received my Santa Cruz Bronson and have been trying to set up the shocks. Front forks are Lyriks and rear shock is a Fox Float X. I’m having a hard time figuring out if there is a way to sort of lock out both shocks if I want to keep them stiff for different types of riding? I followed the weight settings for my body weight and adjusted the them to the stiffest settings but I still have what I think is way too much travel on both? Or are these particular shocks not designed to be adjusted to be stiff?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
20,106 Posts
Both of those suspension pieces are downhill oriented so neither is designed to be locked out. You could turn up the low speed compression all the way to make them really firm if you must. What kind of riding are you referring to that you'd want them locked out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both of those suspension pieces are downhill oriented so neither is designed to be locked out. You could turn up the low speed compression all the way to make them really firm if you must. What kind of riding are you referring to that you'd want them locked out?
Ah ok I see. I'll be using this bike mostly for downhill so I will need the travel, but wasn't sure if they could also be adjusted to be stiffer. My other bike allows for stiffer adjustment so I was not sure why this new one didn't have the same option

·
Registered
13,412 Posts
They can both be adjusted by changing the air pressure.

Lock-out knobs/switches are disappearing these days, which is good since they were fairly useless to begin with.

·
Registered
20,106 Posts
Ah ok I see. I'll be using this bike mostly for downhill so I will need the travel, but wasn't sure if they could also be adjusted to be stiffer. My other bike allows for stiffer adjustment so I was not sure why this new one didn't have the same option
You'll adjust the firmness to your liking via air pressure plus compression/rebound damping settings rather than through a lockout

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.