Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
11,798 Posts

·
Ride More - Suffer Less
2,908 Posts
I always thought what Knolly has to say about offset really nails it.

"Recently there has been a lot of talk about fork offset in the bike industry. The simple truth is that you can run either offset on our Fugitive (or any bike) - you just need to understand how the bike will ride with a shorter or longer offset fork.

With a longer offset (51mm) the bike corners better in tight singletrack and has slightly quicker handling but it gives up a bit of stability at high speed.

In the shorter offset (42 to 44) the bike is more raked out so it is more stable and performs better at high speeds but in tech climbs, switchbacks, and slower stuff, the bike is a bit more to get around and the front end can feel floppy.

Depending on travel, a shorter offset will change the wheelbase between 5-7mm which amounts to an almost insignificant half a percent (0.5%) of the total wheel base.

​​

As with all geometry changes, advantages in one area are achieved at the sacrifice elsewhere. Fork offset is a simply another tool/adjustment for riders to customize the handling of the bike to suit their riding style and the terrain they ride. "

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,

My bike is a RockyMountain Instinct 29" of 2019 with a fork FOX in rake 51 mm.

The edition of 2020 is with the idem frame/geometry but with a fork FOX in rake 44 mm (FOX fork).

My question :
can my 2019 FOX 36 in rake 51 mm to change in rake 44 mm ? By example changing the CSU Assy with 820-12-044 (code FOX in rake 44 mm) ?

Sorry for my very bad english
friendly

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't believe it can be changed, but you can purchase a new crown assembly with a different offset and install it. Not cheap, but it is an option if you really want to.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.