Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its kinda lame askin for forgiveness after the pig head i was but im sorry i was talkin like a moron so if you guys wiped yours eyes and said its ok that would be nice(jk) i wont talk like that again but i dont like ppl talkin about cali like that!lol anyway could you guys tell me if dorados are a high maintenece fork and if they can be good for mostly racin and a little freeride? thanks a lot and sorry agian,

the only bighit with 888s

888bighit

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
They are pure racing forks that ideally need maintenance every 3 or so rides. My friend had it and it was a pain. Whenever you call him to ride, he would be like "if I finish my fork by then...". Don't think carbon fork would be good for freeriding either.

·
Registered
643 Posts
ruski

Lucky13 said:
They are pure racing forks that ideally need maintenance every 3 or so rides. My friend had it and it was a pain. Whenever you call him to ride, he would be like "if I finish my fork by then...". Don't think carbon fork would be good for freeriding either.
vi gavareitte pa ruski?

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,491 Posts
RobsterCraw said:
Am I the only person who thinks its useles to take offense to things said on over the internet?
Gee thanks, now the 8 hours I waste on here every day feels even more uneventful, pointless, and fruitless. Thanks for stealing all the meaning in my life away and launching me back into an existential crisis/tail spin...

I will probaly have to turn back to booze again to get through this.

I mean if ya can't take offense at some ass-snipe saying stupid crap about their/your Zocchi, than what DO YOU believe in, man!

Thanks again, I kind of miss drinking anyway, so....

·
/dev/null
720 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
i forgive you.

the new dorados aren't carbon because thery had problems with the non-airtight-ness of that sexy composite.

they won't need maintinance every 3 rides at all, but definately more than others.
Huh?

Where are these non-carbon Dorados that you speak of?

Where did you get that information, anyway? Manitou has been using carbon for years and years.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
Eff you douche!.............:p.kidding..............no really..........Eff you!.................kidding again.............but really...........Hey efff you!................hahhahaha :p ......................just kidding again.........................NOT...........Efff you! :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :mad: FU

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
pdirt said:
I will probaly have to turn back to booze again to get through this.

Thanks again, I kind of miss drinking anyway, so....
BEER......er I mean..........PEER PRESSURE.............

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
binary visions said:
Huh?

Where are these non-carbon Dorados that you speak of?

Where did you get that information, anyway? Manitou has been using carbon for years and years.
As smart as you are BV, i'd figure you know ironhorsebike1 is a complete douche who takes out of his asss constantly.

·
/dev/null
720 Posts
TheSherpa said:
As smart as you are BV, i'd figure you know ironhorsebike1 is a complete douche who takes out of his asss constantly.
Ahh... I've not spent much time on MTBR lately so I've lost track of who makes up crap and who actually has some good information...

Maybe he should clap a piece of epoxy'd carbon over his mouth and see how "non-airtight" it is? :D

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
826 Posts
TheSherpa said:
sorry. i didn't read over my post. what i meant to say was that they aren't doing the SPV any more in them because they couldn't get them to hold the air right.

and don't you mean takes it in the ass? :rolleyes:

what's up with you recently sherpa? it that time of the month again? or are you still sore because kerry didn't win?

·
Registered
619 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
i forgive you.

the new dorados aren't carbon because thery had problems with the non-airtight-ness of that sexy composite.

they won't need maintinance every 3 rides at all, but definately more than others.
u find carbon fiber sexy too???!??!?

i thought it was just me....

·
/dev/null
720 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
sorry. i didn't read over my post. what i meant to say was that they aren't doing the SPV any more in them because they couldn't get them to hold the air right.
Uh..? Written in your post was both "carbon" and "sexy composite". That's quite a slip up, considering they both sound nothing like "SPV" nor have any relation :p

From what I've heard, they ARE still working the SPV into the Travis fork, actually. Couple guys who talked to the Manitou tent have indicated that they are incorporating some kind of SPV platform into their TPC+ damper.

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
826 Posts
binary visions said:
Uh..? Written in your post was both "carbon" and "sexy composite". That's quite a slip up, considering they both sound nothing like "SPV" nor have any relation :p

From what I've heard, they ARE still working the SPV into the Travis fork, actually. Couple guys who talked to the Manitou tent have indicated that they are incorporating some kind of SPV platform into their TPC+ damper.
they couldn't get the carbon to hold the air from the SPV correctly so for the dorado they discontinued the SPV on the dorados and kept the carbon w/ the TPC+. geez

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
they couldn't get the carbon to hold the air from the SPV correctly so for the dorado they discontinued the SPV and kept the carbon w/ the TPC+. geez
HAHAHAHAHAHAH, more ass talking. Wow, you seriously are clueless.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.