Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey MTBR Peeps,

It's been awhile since I've been in the MTB world. Looking to get back into it..

I was riding moto at Foresthill Trail 6 this weekend and ran into some guys ripping on some eMTB. I never woulda though of riding pedal bikes out there but they were hauling ass and looks so much fun.

Can anyone tell me about the Foresthill loops? How are you connecting all that? Shuttle? All pedaling? What's the most popular emtbs in the area? (greater sac)

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
By saying the word emtb, you have doomed this thread to the MTBR equivalent of Goodwin’s law. Welcome back to MTBR and accidentally stepping in the ongoing ebike v. self powered non electric motorcycle sh*t show.

• Haha
Reactions: ron m. and 1150A

·
Registered
54 Posts
By saying the word emtb, you have doomed this thread to the MTBR equivalent of Goodwin’s law. Welcome back to MTBR and accidentally stepping in the ongoing ebike v. self powered non electric motorcycle sh*t show.
That trail is black diamond for dirt bikes. Original poster talking about OHV Foresthill. That trail is no fun on regular mtb. No precious mtb trails would be ruined. Dirt bikers usually fine sharing trails with emtb.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
That trail is black diamond for dirt bikes. Original poster talking about OHV Foresthill. That trail is no fun on regular mtb. No precious mtb trails would be ruined. Dirt bikers usually fine sharing trails with emtb.
/woosh

You must be new here as well. Doesn’t matter the topic, doesn’t matter the situation, ebike threads always head downhill.

Also that trail is really fun on a normal mtb. Until you get to the bottom of the canyon that is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I see, not new but I didnt register until recently and dont read too much around here. I was riding FH occasionally since 2005? That trail can be nasty depending on conditions and how big is your dirtbike. I would definitely take emtb there, but I dont have one at the moment.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
eMTBs suck! They're for lazy people who don't want to handle the manly burden of a dirt bike! They wreck the blue grooves because they don't grind enough rubber into the dirt! They go too slow and cause trail conflicts! If you let the eMTBs into our OHV areas, what's next? Trail runners?! Hikers?!!

/s

·
Registered
97 Posts
eMTBs suck! They're for lazy people who don't want to handle the manly burden of a dirt bike! They wreck the blue grooves because they don't grind enough rubber into the dirt! They go too slow and cause trail conflicts! If you let the eMTBs into our OHV areas, what's next? Trail runners?! Hikers?!!

/s
Just keep the rollerbladers out!
Sickest Edit Ever

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do you have this ride posted on strava? I'd be interested scoping this area out. I'm on fully rigid, so not into hard core, but would love to ride further up into the forest in that area, maybe bikepack if I can avoid roads and be on trails like the one pictured. Thanks.

·
mtb'er
4,277 Posts
Do you have this ride posted on strava? I'd be interested scoping this area out. I'm on fully rigid, so not into hard core, but would love to ride further up into the forest in that area, maybe bikepack if I can avoid roads and be on trails like the one pictured. Thanks.
You can ride from Soda Springs to Auburn on all dirt, with lots of singletrack.... search Tahoe-Sierra 100 course :)

Here's a brutal segment from the ride I did... you can see what kind of routes people did that hit the sweeet Codfish Ridge.. and then this strenuous climb out of the canyon: Indian Crk HAB...payin off the credit card | Strava Ride Segment in (the first 17 are moto riders... mortal mtb'ers are in the 30-60 min range).

Terrain out there ranges from mild to wild, but if you're a rigid guy, you're used to it. Just gotta take it a bit slower. You'll see in the rides from that Strava segment, you can also loop it.

Screen capture of my ride... the scenic photo I shared was taken where the yellow mark is (a bit southwest of Devils Thumb on the rim trail - we went clockwise).

Ecoregion Map Slope Line Parallel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.